Your commercial ice machine is a key contributor to your operation. When your commercial ice machine is not performing correctly, what do you do? Do I call the service agent right away? Before you actually call in a service, review the following:
- Check Basic Utilities
- Is the breaker off to the machine?
- Is the water line crimped and not supplying enough water?
- Is the drain line clogged and causing a shutoff?
- Is it a performance issue?
- Are you consuming more ice in your operations then normal?
- Is the incoming water an air temperature the same as before? Warmer water will reduce production as will warmer air.
- Call the Factory Technical Service Line
- If your commercial ice machine has a self diagnostic tool, go over the error codes with the technician online.
- Some problems can be taken care of over the phone. For example, sometimes a bin door open signal will stop production of the ice. Simply clear the bin door closing area so it closes well, then the ice production will resume.
- Check to See If You Are Still Under Warranty
- When your commercial ice machine is not performing correctly, what do you do?
- Many factories warrant their commercial ice machines for up to 3 years parts and labor so ask to see if you are covered first
You may be able to save money by using this simple check list. Question – email email@example.com